Monday 7 May 2007

question thingy

Age?
19 (20 in 4 months yay!!)
Sex?
female
What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
BA (hons) Creative and Professional Writing and English
Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
Not exactly but I've enjoyed every minute of it! However as I chose a creative writing piece for my assignment it has been similar
If so, how? And if not, why not?
well like i said its not your average module on english or writing but I think it relates well to the things im interested in. I enjoy creative writing all about the nitty gritty things of life and being bad has inspired me with my writing ideas. So in all, thumbs up :)
Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
I think its been just about right actually
Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
I liked the wide range of topics covered I think they were all very interesting and inspiring. I think they were all very appropriate to the module and made good starting points on things to discuss
Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
I can't think of any at this moment in time but I'm always open to discussions of being naughty ;)
Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
Classes were excellent I believe
What did you think of the module team?
team? as in the lecturers? or the class? Well I thought both were fine :) Lecturers were entertaining especially the one I bumped into in quadrant lounge that one night during my staff party hahaha!
Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?
I think the blogs gave us the chance to discuss things further so small group discussions werent really needed in class time I don't think
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
Perhaps more input from the students would have been interesting but like I said that opportunity was given with blogs
Information and talk from lecturers?
nah I think lecturers said what had to be said and did a good job
The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes I thought it was marvellous.
Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
They are indeed, you gotta love em all
Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yeah totally, it gave me a chance to discuss being bad in films which I miss doing as I don't do film studies :( wish I had have done as it was ace in semester 1
Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Indeed I would
Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
why certainly!
Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
I definitely do recommend :P both the module and the act of being bad
Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
absolutely! I loved every minute of them
What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
No I liked that we got a variety and a chance to improve on the second one
What have you learned from the module?
That being bad is the route to all fun. That having sex with a lecturer may be ever so fun too. That everyone has their own opinions and in life sometimes you just have to agree to disagree
What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
I found all of it useful, from the blogs to the lectures because I learned what others opinions of certain topics are and learned some interesting facts about masturbation too. I found the whole module very exciting indeed
What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
The fact that we didn't carry on some of the lectures in varsity and put all ths being bad talk into action :P
Other than that I don't think any of it was a waste of time
Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
Just that I truly did enjoy the whole experience and hope to see more modules like this in the future


peace and love all xxxx

No comments: