Wednesday 28 February 2007

nice guys finish last

I'm slowly running out of topics to discuss that have featured in the lectures so I've decided to start some posts on general badness. I thought it would be interesting, and a good way for me to avoid doing the revision I should be doing right now, by discussing "why some women find bad boys sexy"

If you ask a woman what sort of man she looks for most will say "kind caring considerate friendly...etc etc" But what is it about bad boys that turn us women on? I personally have become a victim of the bad boy syndrome at many points of my life and probably will for a long time to come. There's just something inside me that craves danger and well badness! I just think a guy who has a bit of a bad side to him, not like a complete arsehole but likes a bit of danger is just way more appealing to some guy who is constantly well behaved and nice all the time. Don't get me wrong I want a guy to treat me well but I'm not a fan of the whole serious comfortable relationship so to speak. Maybe I'm just young and naive, or maybe I'm just a bad girl but I think a lot of people have a bad side to them and sometimes want to give in to the devil on their shoulder and be a bit naughty, I know I do! I just don't know what it is but a guy with a dark side, spontanious, energetic and you can't quite work him out just attracts me like like crazy! Even though I know deep down he can't be good news, probably won't stay faithful and has been in trouble with the police many many times it still doesnt stop me falling head over heels like a love sick idiot and craving him more and more. I don't know why but if I'm in a relationship with a guy who is in love and comfortable and all mopey over us then I just panic and run for the hills! After a certain amount of time in a steady loving relationship I find myself going insane and craving something bad. Like sex for example...its great, I love it, but when people call it "making love" I just think eeurgh no. I don't want sex to be making love I want it to be naughty and dirty and rough. Sorry for the detail here but as I said I'm trying to avoid revision...:P
Am I the only girl who likes it this way? I am I the only one who after 12 months or so in a relatinship just gets terrified of comfort and craves lust rather than love? It's not that I want it that way all the time, when I'm in a relationship I'm happy as larry for a good while and enjoying the whole loved upness and all that but then after that I run at any mention of committment. How can you resist the idea of some sexy bad boy though? In the lectures about smoking it was mentioned how it was made to be seen as sexy by movie stars which reminds me of the whole bad boy thing. On my wall I have a poster of johnny depp looking like the sexy devil that he is and holding a cigarette. I don't think smoking is sexy at all when I think about it, but seeing a hot guy smoking a cigarette just turns me on that little bit more. Take Danny from Greese as an example, Sandy knows he's bad but shes just craving him isn't she! Then she gives into her devil and goes all sexy in black smoking and dancing. I totally understand where the girls coming from when she sings something like "my heart is saying fool forget him, my heart is saying dont let go..." We all know a bad boy when we see him and know hes trouble but why are we attracted to them so damn much? Its got to be human nature to crave naughtyness every once in a while. In the long run a nice guy is ideal but from my own experience I find myself needing that danger and excitment of something new. I don't think cheating is right or acceptable but from my own experience and what ive seen with other girls is that the idea of doing something bad that you know will potentionally get you into a lot of trouble gives me such a rush! I found an article on why women crave this bad behaviour and a lot of the time its to feel sexy and incontrol. Knowing you've got this sexy bad boy at your side makes a woman feel powerful. Click here to read
Another good example is pirates of the caribean. Everyone thought that Orlando would be the woman magnet because of his nice guy mr perfect sweetheart role but johnny depp as jack sparrow oh my gosh! His whole attitude is just so sexy and makes me go weak at the knees. I love a bad guy, one who always has a few tricks up his sleeve and leaves me craving more and more! *growl*
Try this quiz to find out what guy you're attracted to and see if you have a case of bad boy syndrome!
Peace out xxxx

No comments: