Thursday 1 March 2007

blog comment: masturbation

I think Kathryn Melluish's blog on masturbation sums up how I feel about it too. I have no problem with masturbation or talking about it with my boyfriend or friends but I couldn't with family. Like most things I prefer not to talk about with my family such as sex because its just something you don't want them to know about! heheh. I agree with what she said "We should start to talk about things more in the open" because it's not something to be ashamed of, its natural and all apart of human life but I do understand that some people just prefer to keep things to themselves and not discuss private matters. I could talk openly and freely about anything with friends, boyfriends or even strangers but when it comes to family thats just a big no no for me!

"But then it does ask the question, why can't we talk about it without laughing?" Thats a really good question, I did find myself laughing just that little bit more in the lecture at the jokes and at the discussion of mastubation. I have no idea why, as I'm not bothered about the discussion of masturbation. For a lot of people its a really personal thing and some perfer not to talk about it openly and even if you don't mind talking about it you're not quite sure what to say incase of offending someone or appearing weird, so maybe thats why people react by laughing. Who knows.

No comments: