Friday 4 May 2007

Blog comment: Simone Wesley

Unfortunately I didn't attend the bad cinema lecture as I had work that night and couldn't get out of it. However I did go and buy myself a copy of the film "kids"

Scrolling through people's blogs I found a comment on the film made by Simone Wesley. To see it
go here
"I can't believed what I'm seen, but then when you think relistic, this film has more truth, heart and drama (including great dramatic acting and scenes) that most films I've ever seen and basically"

This brings me onto the issue of bad cinema and bad comedians and whether the content is appropriate and should be shown on tv or film. I don't believe that a film can be too graphic in content. Film, TV, Theatre and literature are the ways artists, writers, directors and actors express themselves and their opinions or the issues they want to address. As long as it has been certified the right age then whats wrong with it? The film "Kids" in my opinion just expresses real life and what goes on. There is nothing in that film that shocks me when I watch it because its happening around us every day.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with a film that has graphic content or is true to real life. It doesn't mean the film is celebrating these acts or telling the audience to go out and replicate these. The film purely addresses the problems of young people today and tries to show what really goes on.


No comments: