Thursday 3 May 2007

Blog comment: Naomi Griffiths

I was considering writing a blog on alcohol and the whole binge drinking issues but as I was reading through Naomi's blog I noticed she had done the same so instead I will just turn this post into a comment :P

Naomi's blog entry titled
binge drinking makes a very good point I think. Theres nothing wrong with going out and having a couple of drinks, and lets face it everyone makes the mistake of having one..or ten too many and end up doing something stupid and waking up the next morning feeling like a right moron. However I do think that more young people are getting into drinking and at that age don't know their limit in alcohol. I think its ok to have a few drinks but to be getting drunk most nights as a student might seem fun at first but wont be doing your liver any good.
But what I'd like to just comment on is the problem of people being safe on a night out. Drinking too much and not knowing where you are is one issue and yes in the long run its not good for your health but another thing that I've noticed is happening to people around me is drinks getting spiked.

Its one of those things people always say "be careful look after your drinks and dont leave them unattended" etc etc But how many of us actually do look after our drinks? Unfortunately I've had an experience with my drink being spiked that did not end happily. You don't have to be blind drunk to begin with and unaware of people around you to make the mistake of leaving your drink unattended or taking a drink from someone you think is your friend or at least a trusted person.

NHS direct list some information about date rape drugs and the symptoms. Its worth a read and please if you're out on a night then look after your drinks and what out for people behaving strangly. A person may appear to be a nice person but you don't know what they are like deep down.

No comments: